Saturday, April 24, 2010

April 24, 2010 - NaPoWriMo

Day Twenty Four Poetry:

So, I decided to use a prompt for my poem today. Here is what it was based on: 8. Write to something (or someone) beautiful that is no longer here.

Your Absence

When I was younger,you were always there
bursting out of the ground with color
every time spring would come around
I would watch as you slowly grew
from the pale green leaves to stem
until I came home from school one day
and there you were in all of your beauty
with all of your friends gathered around
as a child I would play in your home
and as I grew, helped mom plant
more friends for you to play with
underground in the cold fall weather
yet, no longer do I see your crimson petals
or the sunny yellow of your comrades
for you all have been taken away from me
by beast that will be stopped by nothing
not by a fence or even by a spray
they bite off all of your heads
spitting them out to lay
a fallen monument on the grassy ground
or dig up your bulbs in colder months
so that you are no longer here
the days go by now without your presence
during your favorite time of year
and I miss you.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this. Reminds me of the odes we did at the beginning of the semester. We're almost done with NaPoWriMo! Keep going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool subject to write about! i like the emotion in this.

    ReplyDelete